Saturday 16 January 2016

The contemplation of the image of Jesus - the text of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus

"I have opened My Heart as a living fountain of mercy.
Let all souls draw life from it. Let them approach this sea
of mercy with great trust" (Diary, 1520).

CONTEMPLATING JESUS
This reflection sprang out of admiration for Jesus,
who is mercy.
We shall be happy if you also fall in love with Him,
and if you make your heart a valley of trust,
which He will be able to flood with rain of Mercy.

SISTERS OF MERCIFUL JESUS

HE IS THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD (Col 1:15)

I believe
that You come out
of this image
for me
You do not want
to be enfolded
in the frame
of any sort of perfection
whatsoever
You do not want to be
simply "a memento portrait"
of God
You simply come
out to meet me today

You are coming
always first in love
You are hurrying
to love
barefoot
like a slave
asking for acceptance
of the Gift of Love
Now there is only
a question of the
other
that is
of my step

Terrifying darkness
increasing before eyes
already wide open out of fear
in this darkness
the colors of our life are blended
blue-gray everyday routine
divided by stripes
of green hope
pink joy
orange smile
only now can I see
that the colors of my life
are nothing
compared with You
Who are the light of the world
I invite You:
enter into my life
let the flame
of mercy burn in me

You search for me
with your glance
In a gaze full of love
You look
patiently
gently
jealousy
not seeking Yourself
not getting angry
not remembering last wrongs
You bear all things
believe all things
continually put
Your hope in me
You look at me
with love

You speak with gestures.
I don’t have to reach up
to a particular level
to gain Your appreciation
to delight You.
You approve
of me such
as I am
You bless me constantly
and constantly
forgive me.

You reveal yourself to me
You invite me
into the very midst of love
here is my place, the one
You prepared for me
and nobody else can occupy it.
You wrote me
on Your hands.
I engraved myself
with a wound in Your side.
You suffered
from the love for me
that is why
I am so sure about it
I am anxious
to lean against it.
Hug me, God.

A tent of encounter
light beams
penetrating everything
timidly entering
locked hearts.
Streams of grace.
It is not about
cheap gifts.
You give Yourself
You are a gift
I turn to You
like a flower to the sun
I want to draw life
from Your rays
and I beg You
protect me with Your mercy
like with a shield.


JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU

Jesus, I trust in You
The key opening God’s heart wide.
Lord, You are
the only trustworthy One
and there is no other name
that I can trust in.
My Jesus,
Savior
King,
my Mercy.
"Be not afraid of your Savior, O sinful soul. I make the first move to come to you, for I know that by yourself you are unable to lift yourself to me. Child, do not run away from your Father; be willing to talk openly with your God of mercy who wants to speak words of pardon and lavish his graces on you" (Diary, 1485).
"The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only, and that is - trust. The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive. Souls that trust boundlessly are a great comfort to Me, because I pour all the treasures of My graces into them. I rejoice that they ask for much, because it is My desire to give much, very much. On the other hand, I am sad when souls ask for little, when they narrow their hearts" (Diary, 1578).
"Write this for the benefit of distressed souls; when a soul sees and realizes the gravity of its sins, when the whole abyss of the misery into which it immersed itself is displayed before its eyes, let it not despair, but with trust let it throw itself into the arms of My mercy, as a child into the arms of its beloved mother" (Diary, 1541).


All rights reserved. © The Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus.
The texts may be copied only on the condition that the full name of the source is acknowledged
and an active link to www.faustina-message.com is provided.