Friday 23 October 2015

1551 (130) In the meditation on death, I asked the Lord to deign to fill my heart


with those sentiments which I will have at the moment of my death. And through God‟s grace I received an interior reply that I had done what was within my power and so could be at peace. At that moment, such profound gratitude to God was awakened in my soul that I burst into tears of joy like a little child. I prepared to receive Holy Communion next morning as “viaticum,” and I said the prayers of the dying 233 for my own intention.

1552 Then I heard the words: As you are united with Me in life, so will you be united at the moment of death. After these words, such great trust in God‟s great mercy was awakened in my soul that, even if I had had the sins of the whole world, as well as the sins of all the condemned souls weighing on my conscience, I would not have doubted God‟s goodness but, without hesitation, would have thrown myself into the abyss of the divine mercy, which is always open to us; and, with a heart crushed to dust, I would have cast (131 ) myself at His feet, abandoning myself totally to His holy will, which is mercy itself.