Saturday 19 September 2015

1053 (14) March 25, 1937. Holy Thursday. During Holy Mass, I saw the Lord, who said to me,


Lean your head on My breast and rest. The Lord pressed me to His Heart and said, shall give you a small portion of My Passion, but do not be afraid, be brave; do not seek relief, but accept everything with submission to My will. 1054 When Jesus was taking leave of me, such great pain filled my soul that it is impossible to express it. Physical strength left me; I left the chapel quickly and went to bed. I was oblivious of what was going on around me. My soul was filled with longing for the Lord,and all the bitterness of His Divine Heart was imparted to me. This lasted for about three hours. I asked the Lord to protect me from the eyes of these around me. Although I wanted to, I could not take any food all day, until evening. I earnestly desired to spend the whole night with Jesus in the dark prison cell. 184 I prayed until eleven o‟clock. At eleven, the Lord said to me, Lie down and take your rest. I have let you experience in three hours what I suffered during the whole night. And immediately I went to bed. I had no physical strength left; the suffering had deprived me of it completely. Throughout all this time, I had been in a sort of swoon. Every beat of Jesus‟ Heart was reflected in my heart and pierced my soul. If these tortures had concerned me only, I would have suffered less; but as I looked at the One whom my heart has loved with all its might and saw that He was suffering, and that I could not bring Him any relief, my heart dissolved in love and bitterness. I was dying with Him, and yet I could not die. But I would not have exchanged that martyrdom for all the pleasures in the whole world. In the course of this suffering, my love grew immeasurably. I know that the Lord was supporting me with His omnipotence, for otherwise I would not have been able to endure it for even a moment. Together with Him, I underwent, in a special way, all the various tortures. The world still has no idea of all that Jesus suffered. (15) I accompanied Him to the Garden of Gethsemane; I stayed with Him in the prison; I went with Him before the judges; I underwent with Him each of the tortures. Not a single one of His movements or looks escaped my notice. I came to know all the omnipotence of His love and of His mercy towards souls. 1055 March 26, 1937. Friday. In the morning, I at once felt the torture of His five wounds in my body. This suffering continued until three o‟clock. Although there is no outward sign of it, the torture is no less painful. I am glad that Jesus is protecting me from people‟s eyes. 2