Friday 31 July 2015

448 Feast of St. Ignatius. I prayed fervently to this Saint, .....


reproaching him for looking on and not coming to my aid in such important matters as doing the will of God. I said to him, “You, our Patron, who were inflamed with the fire of love and zeal for the greater glory of God, I humbly beg you to help me to carry out God‟s designs.”97 This was during Holy Mass. Then I saw Saint Ignatius at the left side of the altar, with a large book in his hand. And he spoke these words to me, “My daughter, I am not indifferent to your cause. This rule can be adapted, and it can be adapted to this Congregation.” And gesturing with his hand toward the big book, he disappeared. I rejoiced greatly at the fact of how much the saints think of us and of how closely we are united with them. Oh, the goodness of God! How beautiful is the spiritual world, that already here on earth we commune with the saints! All day long, I could feel the presence of this dear Patron Saint.