Jesus said that on the following night He
would let me know for whom I should pray.
29
[The next night] I saw my Guardian Angel, who ordered me to follow him. In a moment I
was in a misty place full of fire in which there was a great crowd of suffering souls. They
were praying fervently, but to no avail, for themselves; only we can come to their aid. The
flames which were burning them did not touch me at all. My Guardian Angel did not leave
me for an instant. I asked these souls what their greatest suffering was. They answered
me in one voice that their greatest torment was longing for God. I saw Our Lady visiting
the souls in Purgatory. The souls call he “The Star of the Sea.” She brings them
refreshment. I wanted to talk with them some more, but my Guardian Angel beckoned
me to leave. We went out of that prison of suffering. [I head an interior voice] which said, My mercy does not want this, but justice demands it. Since that time, I am in closer
communion with the suffering souls.
