Tuesday 8 March 2016

1587 + One of the sisters was appointed to look after the sick,

but she was so negligent that one had to practice real mortification. One day, I made up my mind to tell the Superior about it, but then I heard a voice in my soul: Bear it patiently; someone else will tell her. But the service was like that for a whole month. When I was finally able to come down to the refectory and to recreation, I heard these words in my soul: Now other sisters are going to tell (155) about that sister‟s negligent service, but you are to keep silent and not speak about the matter. And at that point there broke out sharp criticism of the sister, but she could find nothing [to say] in her own defense, and all the sisters said in chorus, “Sister, you had better improve in your care of the sick.” I have found that sometimes the Lord does not want us to say something on our own; He has His ways and knows when to speak out.