Tuesday 12 January 2016

The Congregation of Sisters of Merciful Jesus. The Shrine of Divine Mercy - Myslibórz (Poland)

"I desire that there be such a Congregation" (Diary, 437).
"I place in your care two pearls very precious to My Heart:
these are the souls of priests and religious.
You will pray particularly for them;
their power will come from your devastation" (Diary, 531).

THE CONGREGATION
OF SISTERS OF MERCIFUL JESUS
VILNIUS, Lithuania "June 29, 1935
When I talked to my spiritual director (Father Sopoćko) about various things that the Lord was asking of me, I thought he would tell me that I was incapable of accomplishing all those things, and that the Lord Jesus did not use miserable souls like me for the works He wanted done. But I heard words to the effect that it was just such souls that God chooses most frequently to carry out His plans. This priest is surely guided by the Spirit of God; he has penetrated the secrets of my soul, the deepest secrets which were between me and God, about which I had not yet spoken to him, because I had not understood them myself, and which the Lord had not clearly ordered me to tell him. The secret is this: God demands that there be a Congregation which will proclaim the mercy of God to the world and, by its prayers, obtain it for the world. When the priest asked me if I had not had any such inspirations, I replied that I had not had any clear orders; but at that instant a light penetrated my soul, and I understood that the Lord was speaking trough him. In vain had I defended myself by saying I had not received any clear orders, for at the end of our conversation I saw the Lord Jesus on the threshold, as He is represented in the image, and He said to me, I desire that there be such a Congregation.(...) At the very beginning of Holy Mass on the following day, I saw Jesus in all His unspeakable beauty. He said to me that He desired that such a Congregation be founded as soon as possible – and you shall live in it together with your companions. My Spirit shall be the rule of your life. Your life is to be modeled on Mine, from the crib to My death on the Cross. Penetrate My mysteries, and you will know the abyss of My mercy towards creatures and My unfathomable goodness - and this you shall make known to the world. Through your prayers, you shall mediate between heaven and earth. Then came the moment to receive Holy Communion, and Jesus disappeared, and I saw a great brightness. Then I heard these words: We give you Our blessing..." (Diary, 436-439).


"I saw a small chapel in which six sisters were receiving Holy Communion from our confessor (Father Sopoćko), who was wearing a surplice and stole. There were no decorations and no kneelers in the chapel. After Holy Communion, I saw the Lord Jesus as He is represented in the image. Jesus was walking away and I called to Him, How can You pass me by and not say anything to me, Lord? Without You, I shall do nothing; You must stay with me and bless me, and this community and my country as well. Jesus made the sign of the cross and said, Do not fear anything; I am always with you" (Diary, 613).

"O my Jesus, how immensely I rejoice at the assurance You have given me that the Congregation will come into being. (…) and I see how great is the glory which it will give to God. It will be the reflection of God’s greatest attribute; that is, His Divine Mercy. Unceasingly, they will intercede for Divine Mercy for themselves and for the whole world. And every act of mercy will flow from God’s love, that love with which they will be filled to overflowing. They will strive to make their own this great attribute of God, and to live by it and to bring others to know it and to trust in the goodness of the Lord" (Diary, 664).
"With great desire, I wait and long for the time when I shall take up My residence sacramental in your convent. My spirit will rest in that convent and I will bless its neighborhood in a special way" (Diary, 570).
"Your purpose and that of your companions is to unite yourselves with Me as closely as possible; trough love You will reconcile earth with heaven, you will soften the just anger of God, and you will plead for mercy for the world. I place in your care two pearls very precious to my Heart: these are the souls of priests and religious. You will pray particularly for them; their power will come from your diminishment. You will join prayers, fasts, mortifications, labors and all sufferings to My prayer, fasting, mortification, labors and sufferings and then they will have power before My Father (...) penetrate into the spirit of My poverty and arrange everything in such a way that the most destitute will have no reason to envy you. I find pleasure, not in large buildings and magnificent structures, but in a pure and humble heart" (Diary, 531-2).

"Today the Lord let me get to know the Convent of Divine Mercy. I saw a great spirit in this convent, but everything was poor and very scanty. O my Jesus, you are allowing me to live in spirit with these souls, but perhaps I shall never set foot there; but may Your Name be blessed, and whatever You have intended, may it be done" (Diary, 892).

In the last few weeks before Sister Faustina's death, Father Sopoćko met with her twice in Cracow. During these meetings he received from her the last instructions, her last will, which he carried out after her death.
"I went to visit her during the week and, amongst other things, I spoke with her about that congregation which she wanted to found, and now she is dying, stressing the fact that all that was probably just an illusion, and so have all the other things which she spoke about. Sister Faustina promised to talk about this matter with the Lord Jesus during her prayers. The next day, as I was offering Holy Mass for the intention of Sister Faustina, a thought came to my mind, that just as she had been unable to paint that picture herself, and only instructed others, she would have also been unable to start a new congregation, but only provided general instructions. Meanwhile, the urgings signify the necessity of this new congregation in the terrible times which are to come. The next time I came to the hospital and I asked her whether she had something to tell me in this matter, she replied that she did not need to speak anymore, as the Lord Jesus had already enlightened me during Holy Mass.
When leaving, while saying goodbye, she told me three things that were important. I. I should not stop spreading the cult of Divine Mercy, and especially not stop working on establishing its feast day on the first Sunday after Easter. I must never say that I've done enough. Should difficulties appear insurmountable, even if it would seem that God Himself does not want this, I must not stop. For the depth of the Divine Mercy is inexhaustible and our life is not enough to extol it. The world will not exist for much longer and God still wants to give graces to people before the end, so that no one will be able to say during the judgment that he did not know about the goodness of God and did not hear about His Mercy.
II. I am to be indifferent to the matters of the congregation, which will start with meager, humble affairs and when the initiative comes from others. (...) God Himself will bring a person from the world, who will bear certain signs allowing us to recognize him as the one.
III. I am to have pure intentions in this whole matter and works. I am not to search for myself, but only for the glory of God and the salvation of our neighbours. (...) Even if the congregation is founded, others are to govern it, not myself; I am to be prepared for the greatest difficulties and abandonment, disappointments, ingratitude and persecution (...) When after a moment I returned to her cell to give her a few more pictures, I found her in ecstasy, praying, as though not an earthly being. I felt such great pain and bitterness in my soul at having to bid farewell to this unusual being, at being so very much abandoned by everyone. But I understood that above all, it is me who had to put trust in the Divine Mercy" (“Diary” of Father M.Sopoćko).
Father Michał Sopoćko obeyed the words passed by sister Faustina on her death bed.
He waited patiently for the sign of God's Will.

In 1939, WWII broke out. During this cruel time, Father Sopoćko did whatever he could to speak to people about the Divine Mercy. Meetings of the Catholic Intelligence Association and Marian Sodality of Academy Students were taking place at his house. At those meetings a graduate of classical philology from the Batory's University of Vilnius, Jadwiga Osińska, was the one who stood out. One day she confessed to Father Sopoćko that she intended to offer herself solely for God's service, but she was unable to find the right congregation. She asked for prayers and help, adding that she had a few friends who thought the same as her.
In July 1940 Father Sopoćko offered Osińska to spend summer holidays with the non-habited Sisters of the Angels in Pryciuny, so she could get to know the rules of the monastic life closer. After her holidays, Jadwiga Osińska stated that she decided “to offer herself for the service to the Most Merciful Saviour and to start a new congregation, or something similar, to glorify God in His infinite Mercy", and that she desired to take private vows. Fascinated by Sister Faustina Kowalska and in her memory, Osińska took her vows on October 15, 1941 (three years after death of Saint Sister Faustina) and assumed her new religious name Faustina - becoming the first Faustinka.
In November 1941, the next candidate emerged out of the group led by Father Sopoćko - Izabella Naborowska (Sister Benigna). Then, on January 26, 1942, other members joined them – Ludmiła, Roszko, Zofia Komorowska, Adela Alibekow and Jadwiga Malikiewiczówna. This was how "the first six" were formed. Father Sopoćko gave all of them religious names. He wrote for them a general set of rules and set a weekly conference about the inner life. The formation meetings of the six candidates for the rising congregation were held at the place of Father Sopoćko. The sisters planned to start communitarian life after the war.
During the lasting military occupation Germans organized widely spread action against clergy. On March 3, 1942, they arrested professors and seminarians of the theological seminary and almost all the priests working in Vilnius. The trap was also set at the Father Sopoćko’s place. He was warned in time, left in disguise, and was able to get to the convent of Ursulines in Czarny Bór, where he hid for two and a half years working as a carpenter. He stayed in touch with the six sisters through letters. Every now and then, taking precautionary measures, one of them would visit him. Most often it was Faustina Osińska. The sisters who decided to offer their lives to God’s service met in Vilnius at the conferences scheduled with Prelate Żebrowski, whom Father Sopoćko asked for spiritual care over them.
On the April 11, 1942, on the eve of the Divine Mercy Feast, the six candidates took their temporary religious vows. The Sisters took on the name of Servants of the Merciful God and, even though they still lived with their families, from now on their lives took on a the religious character of a convent. For Father Sopoćko this was the expected sign of Providence.
"I congratulate you, dear Sisters, on this special grace of Divine Mercy that has revealed itself in your vocation, o Chosen ones of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, pillars of the future convent, confidantes of God's mysteries, most prayed for and desired for the past five years in each daily Holy Mass" (fragment of a letter Father Sopoćko wrote from Czarny Bór).

In this Carmelite Convent, 29 Popławska Street, Vilnius,
the sisters of the new congregation took their first religious vows.

After Father Sopoćko’s return to Vilnius on August 19, 1944, the sisters expressed the need to renew their vows. Thus, on November 9, 1944, Father Sopoćko started with "the first six" a retreat that was to be their immediate preparation for the ceremony of their vows planned for November 16.
"After the retreat, on the appointed day, early in the morning, when it was still dark, as the curfew was still obligatory, six girls came from the various parts of the city to the Zarzecze suburb, to the chapel of Carmelite Sisters. There, in a "catacomb" atmosphere, after Holy Mass at five o'clock they took their simple private vows of loyal service to the Most Merciful Savior and His Mother of Mercy. No words can express the joyful atmosphere that prevailed among these Brides of Christ during a simple meal, which was prepared at the convent gate by the hospitable Carmelite Sisters. How happy they were, despite different shortcomings, how rich they were, despite the poverty that was visible everywhere, how brave and full of trust they were, despite the dangers lurking at every step" (Father Sopoćko “Memoirs”).
After the war ended in 1945 and Lithuania was annexed by the USSR, a mass resettlement of Poles from Vilnius and its region to Poland began. Archbishop Jałbrzykowski, with the entire Curia and the Seminary, was forced to leave Vilnius. Three sisters also left for Poland. Therefore, on November 16, 1945 only three sisters renewed their vows. The sisters longed for living their lives at the convent, for finding at least the most humble place, where in a community they could glorify the Merciful God. As there was no hope for this in Vilnius at those times, the ones who stayed decided to go to Poland as well. On August 24, 1946, they paid their last visit to Father Michael Sopoćko to receive the blessings and advice for their new life.
"Our travel leaving Vilnius was quiet. One chapter of our life is closed, we go to a new life, to do the will of the One who has chosen us..." (Diary of Sister Benigna).
Upon arriving in Poland, on November 16, 1946, the six sisters met in Poznań to renew their vows. Holy Mass was celebrated by a Jesuit, Father Siwek. At that time the sisters decided how they would implement the idea of the Divine Mercy in their lives. Some of them decided to start a religious congregation, others - a lay institute, and still others, feeling responsible for their families, to stay spiritually connected with their sisters in lay life. In this way they started to work on the three aspects of vocation about which Sister Faustina had spoken.

Sister Faustina and sister Benigna – first mothers of the new congregation

To start a religious congregation, Sisters Faustina Osińska and Benigna Naborowska needed to ask a bishop for permission to establish a monastic house in his diocese. They were helped in this matter by Father Władysław Wantuchowski, a Jesuit, in whom they found their spiritual guardian after their arrival to Poland. He asked the apostolic administrator of Gorzów Wielkopolski, Father Edmund Nowicki, to give his sisters permission to settle in his diocese and to assign them to service at the parish church. Father Nowicki gladly responded to this request and offered to the sisters, among others, a parish in Myślibórz.

The description of the first visit of the sisters in Myślibórz  in Sister Faustina Osińska's "Diary":
"Myślibórz is a beautiful place (...). A great lake, which gleams as though with a metallic surface between the mists of the early morning, sits on the left (...). 
(...) What a joy it was, when we saw the gate of a small church, still locked, with a sign "Caritas", a one-storey house with a porch by it. We looked at it, an ideal place for a religious house, and we sighed quietly, that it would be so good to be able to live here (...) lots of green, gardens, a quiet, peaceful place on Earth, with a religious house. We gave thanks to God that He directed us here, into this silence and peace...".


"On August 25, 1947 at 8 o'clock in the morning we are already in Myślibórz. The birthday of the late sister Faustina was selected by Lord Jesus to be our day of birth for community life (...) So we are already in Myślibórz, in a little Saint Joseph's house, the birthplace of our monastic life. We came here by a strange coincidence, or actually because this was the will of God on the day sister Faustina was born. We cannot put our happiness into words and even though everything here is arranged only temporarily, our joy knows no limits. We have only taken two small rooms upstairs but then we moved downstairs, in order to arrange everything as close to a congregation as possible (...) Here, at this tiny house, the Merciful King is home. Here everything is for Him. Be praised, Merciful Jesus" ("Diary" of sister Benigna Naborowska)

Following numerous efforts (times of communism), on August 25, 1947, sisters Faustina and Benigna, began a communal monastic life at the parish in Myślibórz - the place offered to them by the apostolic administrator in Gorzów Wielkopolski,  Father Edmund Nowicki. They notified Father Michał Sopoćko about this fact, who, called by Archbishop Jałbrzykowski, arrived in Poland with the last transport of the people displaced from Lithuania and was staying in Białystok.
In Białystok Father Sopoćko had been working andfulfilling his pastoral duties until the end of his life (about 30 years). He also regularly kept in touch with the sisters from Myślibórz - watching over the spiritual and material development of the newly founded Congregation. For a couple of years also Father Józef Andrasz, a Jesuit, the Cracow confessor of Sister Faustina, stayed in touch with the new congregation, offering his advice and spiritual support.

Fragment of Father Sopoćko's letter of November 12, 1947 to the newly created community of sisters in Myślibórz:
Jesus, I trust in You!
Dear Ladies and Reverend Sisters
Three years ago you Ladies took your vows in Vilnius at the chapel of Carmelite Sisters, which the late sister Faustina saw in her spirit and described in details. These vows were made in a "catacomb" manner, you had to make your way through the streets at night, threatened at every step by the risk of being halted and even during the service you feared that someone inappropriate might spy on you and even report you or betray."
"I would wish that each of you becomes a Saint not according to one, universal pattern, but each of you individually according to your own inborn and acquired abilities and God's graces, which the Most Merciful Saviour grants in abundance to each soul according to her needs. I pray for that during each Holy Mass for each of you individually, for each one  I know and those I do not yet know and for all of you together, as the Brides of the Most Merciful Saviour, the keepers of his Mercy's secret and the workers of his vineyard..."
"As you are the first bricks in the foundation for the edifice which is to be erected by God's will to meet the Church's needs in present days and in the days yet to come. As in every building the durability depends on the quality of the foundation, it is also here that the development of the future Congregation of the Servants of the Most Merciful Saviour depends on your spiritual skill and your unification with the Most Merciful Saviour, on your perseverance and sacrifice, on your simplicity and prudence and most of all on your trust in Divine Mercy and your zeal in spreading this devotion."


Fragments of letters by Father Józef Andrasz SJ to Sisters of the new religious community
in Myślibórz

Cracow, January 7, 1948 (back of the postcard)

"I know that you, my Dear Sisters, rejoice at everything with regard to the development of the Divine Mercy worship. Here is a beautiful sign of that received from America. It already made happy Sisters in Łagiewniki; let their younger Sisters in Myślibórz be happy as well - and pray sincerely for the Father who sends them his sincere wishes for year 1948 and priestly blessing".
Sincerely, Father J. Andrasz SJ".

Cracow, October 8, 1948
"(...) I know that everything that regards Divine Mercy, and She who the goodness of Lord Jesus deigned to call for this work – have been of great interest to you. I think that Father Sopoćko has spared no news. The hearts at the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy rejoice while looking at one of its Sisters presented in the attached leaflet as "a candidate" for beatification. I think, however, that no less will rejoice the Servants of Divine Mercy seeing in this leaflet a proof that the Church authorities have already allowed the faithful to pray for beatification of her, who is much more for you than just one of many Sisters – as, in some way, she is your founder and spiritual mother.
Sincerely, Father J. Andrasz SJ".


Zakopane, December 29, 1950
"Dear Sister Benigna,
You are right when writing that Your cause is close and dear to me. Merciful Jesus deigned to lay a bit of its foundation also on me - to grant through my words some light to the person you consider a spiritual Founder of yours...
Sincerely, Father J. Andrasz SJ".

The Community of Sisters, which started its monastic formation under the name of the Servants of the Divine Mercy, was approved as a congregation of diocesan right on August 2, 1955, under the name of the Sisters of the Jesus Christ the Merciful Redeemer. The initial name could not be used because of the then ongoing theological disputes about the new forms of the cult of the Divine Mercy.
On August 21, 1955, the first sisters of the Congregation took their perpetual vows. The vows were accepted by Father Zygmunt Szelążek in the presence of Father Michael Sopoćko. On that occasion Father Józef Andrasz, a Jesuit, sent the sisters his greetings and fragments of Saint Faustina’s DIARY regarding the new congregation. Until then, none of the sisters knew its content because it was kept by "Magdalenki" (Magdalene Sisters) in Cracow.


On August 6, 1955, the sisters put on white monastic habits, which were later,
at the order of the Curia, changed into black.
Fragment of letter by Father Józef Andrasz SJ
Rabka, August 8, 1955
"Dear Sister Benigna,
(...) I think that you will receive this letter still before the Assumption, thus on this day I am sincerely congratulating both of you - Sisters Benigna and Faustina - that the Merciful Jesus let you to be the first ones in the Congregation to devote yourself through perpetual vows to complete service - sacrifice - love - in the spirit of this Congregation, which is to bring a more and more abundant flood of Divine Mercy on the evil, infatuated, and miserable contemporary world. Dear Sisters, I will be deeply entrusting you to the Most Holy Mary Mother of God on the day of Her great triumph, so She - as the Virgin Most Prudent and the Seat of Wisdom - will send you an abundance of light, since this Congregation is to be shaped to a great extent by You, my Dear Sisters. You are the root of Your traditions, of the internal passion of the Congregation and its external momentum. Let this beautiful day in Your life be blessed by heaven with smiles, that brighten a heart, and strong graces, that will build a great structure.
To the honourable Father Wantuchowski, who so graciously was involved by Divine Providence with the work of Mercy and who has been so willingly devoting himself to Your Congregation, I am sending "plurimam salutem in SS Corde Jesu". Perhaps one day such a "heavy Chevalier" as myself will visit the regions of Szczecin and Myślibórz - although I cannot find anything about this in Sister Faustina's prophecy; then, of course, I will pay a return visit to the House of Mercy and its residents, as well as the respectable Parish Priest, who did kindly visit me in Cracow. I do have a lot of work to do, including the continuation of the Biography of our dear Sister Faustina. I send you both my Dear Sisters sincere greetings and the wishes of an abundance of God's graces on the day of your vows and also my blessing.
Sincerely, Father J. Andrasz SJ"

"The Diary" of Saint Sister Faustina provides the words of Lord Jesus, which determine the purpose and spirituality of the new religious community:
"…God demands that there be a Congregation which will proclaim the mercy of God to the world and, by its prayers, obtain it for the world" (Diary, 436).
"... I saw Jesus in all His unspeakable beauty. He said to me that He desired that such a Congregation be founded as soon as possible – and you shall live in it together with your companions. My Spirit shall be the rule of your life. Your life is to be modeled on Mine, from the crib to My death on the Cross. Penetrate My mysteries, and you will know the abyss of My mercy towards creatures and My unfathomable goodness - and this you shall make known to the world. Through your prayers, you shall mediate between heaven and earth" (Diary, 438).
"Your purpose and that of your companions is to unite yourselves with me as closely as possible; through love You will reconcile earth with heaven, you will soften the just anger of God, and you will plead for mercy for the world. I place in your care two pearls very precious to My Heart: these are the souls of priests and religious. You will pray particularly for them; their power will come from your devastation" (Diary, 531).

The first visit of Father Michael Sopocko at Sisters' in Myœlibórz described in the religious "Diary".
It was 1947. At the railway station in Myślibórz - heavily chugging, a train stopped. A few people got off, among them one could spot the slightly leaning figure of a 59-year old priest dressed in a bit threadbare cassock. His curious, blue eyes were sparkling from behind glasses. His deep and penetrating gaze swept across the faces of those well-known sisters waiting for him. Following the initial, very quick and balanced welcoming gestures, he asked: "Is there a small church near your convent?" - "Yes, Father" - the Sisters answered astonished. "And is there a stained-glass window in this church?" - "Yes, Father. And how do you know?" - "Please, take me there immediately". The Reverend Professor was rushing, not paying attention to passers-by or streets. He entered through a gate – first, the fruit garden, and then – the church, and for a long time stayed in the church alone with the writings of the sister, whom he believed was a saint. He knelt down and prayed, looking with emotion at the window with its slightly damaged stained-glass, which he had been told about by Sister Faustina. Everything was as she said – the stained-glass window depicted the scene of crucifixion, and beneath the cross he noted entwined shoots of red roses.
The stained-glass window in the Church of the Holy Cross in Myślibórz

"Almost everything that Sister Faustina foretold in the matter of that Congregation happened precisely as she had said. When on November 16, 1944 in Vilnius I accepted at night the private vows of the first six sisters, or when three years later I came to the first house of this Congregation in Myślibórz, I was amazed by the striking similarity to what the late Sister Faustina had told me (...) In the altar's nave I noticed a slightly broken stained glass window, which portrayed Jesus' death on the cross. I gazed at it with joy and amazement, because Sister Faustina spoke to me of such a church and a stained glass window" (Father Michael Sopoćko, “Memoirs” 1948).


The Church of the Holy Cross in Myślibórz, with the stained glass window over the high altar,
built by Polish workers in 1905 (the year of Saint Faustina’s birth),
was the only catholic church in the area that was then part of Germany.

On August 1, 1993 the archbishop Marian Przykucki solemnly brought the relics of blessed sister Faustina to the convent in Myślibórz. On this day, by his decree, the church and the convent were elevated to the rank of Sanctuary of Divine Mercy.
Fragment of the Archbishop's decree:
“The church and convent mentioned in the prophetic vision of Sister Faustina and described in her Diary seem to be a place indicated by Divine Providence for the special devotion of the Divine Mercy, and a support for the Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus (...). Let Divine Mercy be worshipped in this place for all times, let this place, selected by Sister Faustina, be supported through her intercession, let our faithful worshippers experience in this place a special mercy and ensure themselves earthly well-being and eternal life".
+ Marian Przykucki, Metropolitan Archbishop Szczecińsko-Kamieński



THE SANCTUARY OF DIVINE MERCY - RETREAT HOUSE
The Motherhouse of the Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus in Myślibórz


The new house of the Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus in Myślibórz with the Jesus,
the King of Mercy chapel. The house in Myślibórz, fully-furnished and equipped,
was given as a gift by Anna and Roman Kluska to serve as a religious home of the Sisters.

“I saw the convent of the new Congregation.
It was a large and spacious building.
I went from room to room, observing everything.
I saw that Divine Providence had provided all that was necessary” (Diary, 1154).

In 1973 the Congregation assumed the new, shortened name: the Sisters of Merciful Jesus. At present, the Congregation implements its charisma, acquired from their founder, in a few dozen congregation houses in Poland and abroad. The main feature of the congregation's spirituality is the contemplation of God in His Mercy, limitless trust, and following Jesus in practising works of mercy, especially towards the most needy. Together with a multitude of lay worshippers of the Divine Mercy, Sisters of this Congregation spread the worship of Merciful Jesus. Through prayer and devoted service to others, they continuously obtain Divine Mercy for the world, and in particular, the grace of mercy for the dying and the grace of the Lord's blessing for priests and religious persons.
With their apostolic activities, the Sisters try to respond to the present needs of the Church. Among other things, they run hospices and centres for the protection of unborn children, conduct retreats and catechize.
Through their daily prayers, "Jesus, I trust in You", they entrust the apostolic works and the testimony of their lives to Divine Mercy. For them, the religious vows mean complete entrustment to God. They do not rely on their own strengths, but on the Divine omnipotence.
The formula of the vows:
"The Merciful God, please accept this sacrifice of my heart, complete and entire, until devastation of myself in love and Your sacred service".

A thanksgiving prayer concluding the ceremony of perpetual vows
of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus Myślibórz, August 4, 2013
Saint Sister Faustina: "During Mass, I received a clear and profound understanding concerning this whole work, and not a shadow of a doubt remained in my soul. The Lord gave me knowledge of His will under three aspects, so to speak, but it all comes down to one” (Diary, 1154).
"His thought [Father Sopoćko, the founder of the Congregation] is closely united with Mine, so be at peace about what concerns My work. I will not let him make a mistake, and you should do nothing without his permission" (Diary, 1408).

On May 13, 2008, the Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus, founded in obedience
to the Church and its evangelical mission, was approved as a monastic institute under papal laws. (see copy of decree)

At each of the houses of the Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus
the hour of death of the Saviour is celebrated daily
- THE HOUR OF MERCY
“In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others simply by asking;
it was the hour of grace for the whole world
- mercy triumphed over justice " (Diary, 1572).

PRAYERS INTENTIONS:
e-mail: sopocko@faustyna.eu


All rights reserved. © The Congregation of the Sisters of Merciful Jesus.
The texts may be copied only on the condition that the full name of the source is acknowledged
and an active link to www.faustina-message.com is provided.