Tuesday 21 July 2015

1044 Suddenly, God‟s presence took hold of me, and at once I saw myself in Rome,

VATICAN, St. Peter's Square. The ceremony of canonization of sister Faustina Kowalska.
 in the Holy Father‟s chapel and at the same time I was in our chapel. And the celebration of the Holy Father and the entire Church was closely connected with our chapel and, in a very special 249 way, with our Congregation. And I took part in the solemn celebration simultaneously here and in Rome, for the celebration was so closely connected with Rome that, even as I write, I cannot distinguish the two but I am writing it down as I saw it. I saw the Lord Jesus in our chapel, exposed in the monstrance on the high altar. The chapel was adorned as for a feast, and on that day anyone who wanted to come was allowed in. 182 The crowd was so enormous that the eye could not take it all in. Everyone was participating in the celebrations with great joy, and many of them obtained what they desired. (12) The same celebration was held in Rome, in a beautiful church, and the Holy Father, with all the clergy, was celebrating this Feast, and then suddenly I saw Saint Peter, who stood between the altar and the Holy Father. I could not hear what Saint Peter said but I saw that the Holy Father understood his words……. 1045 Then some clergymen whom I did not know began to examine me and to humiliate me, 183 or rather, what I had written; but I saw how Jesus Himself was defending me and giving them to understand what they did not know. 1046 Then suddenly, I saw how the two rays, as painted in the image, issued from the Host and spread over the whole world. This lasted only a moment, but it seemed as though it had lasted all day, and our chapel was overcrowded all day long, and the whole day abounded in joy. 1047 Then suddenly I saw on our altar the living Lord Jesus, just as He is depicted in the image. Yet I felt that the sisters and all the people did not see the Lord Jesus as I saw Him. Jesus looked with great kindness and joy at the Holy Father, at certain priests, at the entire clergy, at the people and at our Congregation. 1048 Then, in an instant, I was caught up to stand near Jesus, and I stood on the altar next to the Lord Jesus, and my spirit was filled with happiness so great that I am unable to comprehend it or write about it. A profound peace as well as repose filled my soul. Jesus bent toward me and said with great kindness, What is it you desire, My daughter? And I answered, “I desire worship and glory be given to Your mercy.” I already am receiving worship by the institution and celebration of this Feast; what else do you desire? I then looked at the immense crowd worshipping The Divine Mercy and I said to the Lord, “Jesus, bless all those who are gathered to give glory to You and to venerate Your infinite mercy.” Jesus made a sign of the cross with His hand, and this blessing was reflected in the souls like a flash of light. (13) My spirit was engulfed in His love. I felt as if I had dissolved and disappeared completely in God.